Study the Cosmopolitan front cover and answer the questions on lined paper, in full sentences, using media key terms.
- How many different font styles do you see on the front cover?
- How many different font sizes are used?
- How many different font colours are used?
- How many coverlines are there?
- Describe the font used for the magazine title.
It is bold, clear and big so people can read and recognise it.
- How does the title communicate who the target audience are?
It is pink yet bold and affirmative so it is probably for women
- What’s the main coverline and how do you know?
‘Body revolution’ as it is the coverline that takes up the most space
- Explain how and why different colours are used on the cover.
White is used to show the main point then pink is for additional information as is black
- Explain how and why different fonts are used on the front cover.
The different fonts are affected by the type of word e.g. ‘body’ has a curvy and stylish font
- If you could change something about the typography on this cover what would it be and why would change it?
I would change the colours as I find them to monotone even though they are completely different.